Terms, conditions and limitations
Voucher: note/travel document that entitles you to a balloon flight.
Passenger: Individual who purchases the Voucher and/or participates in the flight and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
Company: Giroinmongolfiera srl
- By purchasing a Voucher, you accept the following Terms and Conditions which are also shown on our website www.giroinmongolfiera.com
- The purchase of the Voucher can be made online via the website www.giroinmongolfiera.com, or by email by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- The flight can be booked by emailing info@giroinmonfìgolfiera.com.
- The date and time of the booked flight will be confirmed by us via email within 48 hours of the planned take-off, subject to availability and weather conditions.
- You have the right to withdraw within 10 days of purchasing the Voucher if the flight has not yet been booked. 10% of the cost of the Voucher(s) will be withheld as reimbursement of expenses.
- Purchasing a Voucher for a standard flight entitles you to join a group flight aboard one of our balloons in the company of other passengers. The take-off will depend upon the type of flight purchased and/or decided by the Pilot at the time of the flight for safety reasons.
- Purchasing a Voucher for an exclusive flight entitles you to a private flight aboard one of our exclusively-reserved hot air balloons. The take-off will depend upon the type of flight purchased and/or any other stipulations indicated at the time of booking and/or decided by the Pilot at the time of the flight for safety reasons.
- The Voucher is personal and non-refundable, except as provided in point 5. Any change of name on the voucher and/or transfer of the voucher itself must be communicated by email to the management of Giroinmongolfiera srl for acceptance (email@example.com) at least 30 days before its expiration. Before the flight, the new beneficiary must agree to and sign these “Terms and Conditions”.
Our obligations toward the passenger
- The Voucher gives the right to participate in a balloon flight experience on a date and time to be agreed within 12 months of purchase and, if not otherwise specified, includes: • the balloon flight • transport with one of our vehicles from the meeting point to the take-off point and then from the landing point back to the meeting point • aviation insurance provided for by current legislation.
- Our flights are scheduled to last approximately 45 to 70 minutes, but the pilot, for safety reasons, has absolute responsibility and, therefore, the right to decide the duration, the opertion of the flight, and the time and place of landing. We cannot guarantee the exact duration or the route that the flight will follow as it cannot be predetermined. It is at the sole discretion of the Aeronautical Authorities and the Pilot Commander to interrupt or cancel the flight for meteorological and/or safety reasons. After 20 minutes from take-off, the flight will be considered to have been completed for all purposes and will not be refunded. Giroinmongolfiera srl has the exclusive competence and responsibility of all authorisations, planning and carrying out of flights with qualified personnel, as well as the use of aircraft certified for use.
- A hot air balloon flight is completely dependent upon weather conditions. It is possible that the flight may be canceled at any time, even a few moments before take-off, if the conditions do not guarantee the minimum safety requirements. If a flight is canceled due to weather conditions, or for any other reason beyond our control, a new date for the flight will be proposed. Vouchers or any transport, food or accommodation costs incurred by the passenger/s will not be refunded.
- For group flights (standard) the minimum number of participants varies from a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 10 passengers, depending on the type of balloon used. If the minimum number is not reached, the flight will be canceled and a new date for the flight proposed. Vouchers or any transport, food or accommodation costs incurred by the passenger/s will not be refunded.
- If flights are suspended for reasons of force majeure, the validity of the Voucher will be extended for a period equivalent to the suspension period. However, we are not responsible for any economic losses or damage caused by this possible suspension.
- We reserve the right to entrust the execution of our flights to other operators, holders of regular ENAC licenses who have a collaboration agreement with us. In this case, these Terms and Conditions will always apply.
- Giroinmongolfiera srl has insurance coverage for air carriers pursuant to the Montreal Convention of 28 May 1999, Regulation (EC) No. 785/2004 and Regulation (EU) No. 285/2010 for each passenger in the event of death and/or personal injury. In all cases, compensation is not due or is due to a lesser extent if it is proved that the affected passenger is responsible for the damage or has contributed to it through negligence, wrongful act or omission. The right to compensation for damages expires within two years from the date of the flight.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for any damage to cameras, video equipment, mobile phones or other objects that the passenger carries on the flight. Furthermore, no responsibility is assumed for any damage to vehicles or belongings inside them that may occur during the period in which they remain parked at the meeting point.
The Passenger’s obligations towards the Company
- Passengers will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of the flight. If no notification is received, passengers are required to contact the Company by telephone at the following numbers within 24 hours of the scheduled flight to confirm the booking:
- +39 333 84 38 665
- +39 349 543 8576
- The passenger can amend or cancel the reservation according to the following methods and costs:
- up to 5 days before the flight: the flight is rescheduled to another date and no penalty is required for modification/cancellation
- from 5 days up to 36 hours before the flight: the flight is rescheduled to another date and a modification/cancellation penalty equal to 50% of the cost of the Voucher is required.
- within 36 hours before the flight: the flight is rescheduled to another date and a cancellation penalty equal to 100% of the cost of the voucher is required. Any monies paid will be retained.
- The modification/cancellation of a flight must be submitted via e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the date and time set for the flight, in the event of unjustified and/or non-communicated absence, and in the event of a delay of more than 30 minutes with respect to any previous agreements, the passenger loses any right to use the Voucher: no reimbursement will be made.
- As with any other sport, hobby or activity, ballooning carries inherent risks. By purchasing a Voucher or participating in a flight, the passenger is acknowledging and accepting these risks. The flight will always be under the control and supervision of a certified pilot who is committed to making the experience safe and enjoyable.
- The Pilot is not qualified to judge the health of the passenger, and whether or not he is physically able to fly; for his own safety and that of others, the passenger must ensure that he is in suitable physical condition to be able to participate in the flight.
You cannot fly if you have certain disabilities, impairments, diseases or syndromes that prevent you from flying in a balloon. In particular:
- Anyone suffering from cardiovascular diseases, wearing a pacemaker or suffering from heart disease is not permitted to fly.
- Anyone suffering with bone deficiency problems or osteoporosis is not permitted to fly.
- Anyone with severe back or limb problems that impair walking and render difficult the movements required to get in and out of the balloon basket is not permitted to fly. All passengers should be able to climb over into the 120 cm tall basket in one or two steps and adopt the landing position, which consists of staying with knees partially flexed and with hands clasped on the travel handles of the basket for several minutes.
- You are not permitted to fly while pregnant.
- People with severe hearing problems are not permitted to fly.
If in any doubt, please consult your doctor beforehand to confirm your suitability to fly in a hot air balloon.
- Anyone under 120 cm tall is not permitted to fly.
- If you have carried out underwater diving activities in the 24 hours prior to the flight, you are not permitted to fly.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is not permitted to fly.
- Animals, dangerous goods, flammable substances, ammunition, explosives, knives and/or firearms are not allowed on board. Electrical, electronic and/or photographic equipment cannot be taken on board without authorization from the pilot-in-command, and also at one’s own risk. Under no circumstances will refunds be given for damage or loss of such equipment. Any goods brought on board are under the exclusive control of the owner
- The Pilot has the duty, as required by the Navigation Code, to exclude from the flight anyone who could be deemed to represent a risk to the safety of the flight, including if the crew and/or other passengers are subjected to verbal or physical violence, or in the presence of attitudes that could compromise normal execution of the activity. Anyone excluded from the flight for these reasons will not be reimbursed.
- A teenager under 16 can only fly if accompanied by an adult. Minors aged from 16 to 18 years of age must present an authorization signed by a parent.
- Passengers weighing more than 95 kg are required to communicate this when booking/purchasing the voucher.
- Passengers must wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the season, taking into account a temperature fluctuation of about 3-4 degrees as a result of the altitude and the possibility of landing in damp, wet and muddy fields. It is forbidden to wear shoes with high heels.
- Smoking is prohibited in the take-off and landing areas and on board the hot air balloon
- You allow us to process your personal data for internal administration and accounting use.
The information pursuant to art. 13 GDPR 679/2016 – “European regulation on the protection of personal data” can be consulted on the website www.giroinmongolfiera.com
- Giroinmongolfiera srl reserves the right to refuse the sale of a voucher at any time. In exceptional cases we also reserve the right to cancel an existing voucher (with or without refund) if the crew or passengers are subjected to verbal or physical violence or if the normal execution of the activity risks being disturbed by your behavior or that of your companions.
- Giroinmongolfiera srl reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without having to inform the public in advance.
- The place of jurisdiction for any dispute is Cuneo.